The Closer Call Out Competition
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter, you must be: (i) a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec); (ii) of the legal drinking age in the province/territory in which you reside. You are not eligible to enter or win, if you are: a) an employee, representative or agent of Molson Canada 2005 or Heineken B.V. (the “Sponsors”), or any of their respective affiliates and related companies, advertising or promotional agencies, contest judging organization, any participating stores or the prize suppliers; b) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a beer distribution company or a participating licensed establishment, or, any liquor licensee authorized by a provincial liquor authority; c) anyone involved in the development and/or administration of the Contest or d) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins on or around November 18th, 2022, and all entries must be submitted and received by 12:00 pm EST on December 16th (the “Entry Deadline” and “Contest Closing Date”). To enter, you must: (i) have a valid Instagram account; (ii) comment on the Heineken Canada Instagram contest post, tagging a friend and using the #WorkResponsibly hashtag; (iii) if selected, fill out a consent release form from both you and the tagged friend. Limit: one (1) entry per person/Instagram handle. The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected, technical failures or late entries, all of which will be void. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can use only one (1) Instagram handle to enter this Contest. If it is discovered by the Sponsors that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than the maximum stated number of entries as outlined in these Official Contest Rules; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address to enter the Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her entries voided. Your entry will be rejected if the entry form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received by the Entry Deadline. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsors. All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsors reserve the right to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsors in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
- PRIZES: There are twenty (20) prizes available to be won. The Prize consists of one Heineken Closer device. Approximate value: $100 each. The number of Prizes available to be won will diminish as Prizes are awarded throughout the Contest.
Prize will be delivered to winner’s residence within 10 weeks of being declared a winner. Prize The Closer Device may not be exactly as shown in promotional materials.
Prizes are not transferable or assignable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion to substitute a Prize of equivalent monetary value, if a Prize or any part of the Prize, cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible, however, if weather conditions, event cancellations, or other factors beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control prevent a Prize or any part of a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, winner will not be provided with a substitute Prize or cash equivalent. Prizes will only be released to the verified winners. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate eligible winner. Limit of one (1) Prize per household.
- DRAWING: On December 16th, a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received. The Sponsors or their designated agents will attempt to notify the selected entrant by replying on their Entry on Instagram and then by direct messaging in response to their Entry on Instagram. To be declared a winner of a Prize, a selected entrant must first correctly answer mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within two (2) business days of the first attempted notification; (ii) fails to correctly answer, or incorrectly answers, the skills-based question; (iii) fails to execute and return to Sponsors any required Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability forms for the selected entrant within the time period indicated on such forms; and/or (iv) cannot accept the applicable Prize as awarded for any reason whatsoever, then the applicable Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsors have the right but not the obligation, in their sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible entrant.
- RELEASES, ETC.: Before being declared a winner of a Prize, a selected entrant will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance and a Release of Liability form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsors, and each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, any contest judging organization, provincial liquor authorities, beer distribution companies, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsors in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. The Releasees do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto (as applicable), or otherwise from participation in this Contest. Declaration and Release documents must be returned within the time period indicated in the documents or the applicable Prize will be forfeited.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the limitations of liability set forth elsewhere in these Official Contest Rules and/or the Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability, and for greater certainty, the Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the capturing and/or processing of entries; b) the theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or the Contest Website; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any e-mail to be received by or from Sponsors and/or entry to be captured or recorded for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest; f) any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Official Contest Rules, the selection and/or announcement of eligible winner(s), and/or the distribution of any Prize(s); and/or g) any combination of the above.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest, including, but not limited to, for the purpose of receiving one or more messages, whether electronic or not, from the Sponsors or their designated representative, which may provide entrants with information regarding the Contest or otherwise further the administration of the Contest. The entrant will be deemed to have solicited these messages from the Sponsors by virtue of entering the Contest. By accepting any Prize, the winners consent to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of their names, addresses (city, province/territory), voices, statements and photographs or other likenesses for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsors or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: Sponsors reserve the right to terminate, amend or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice, if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules. Sponsors reserve the right to terminate, amend or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice except to the BC Liquor Distribution Branch, if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules. Any such action will be subject, in B.C., to the approval of the B.C. Liquor Distribution Branch.
- MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsors, or any contest judging organization as designated by them, are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Contest and by entering this Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. The Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, postage-due, misdirected, affected by technical failures, errors or late entries which will be void. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants (or any other entrant(s) as deemed necessary by the Sponsors). Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. An entrant may be required to provide Sponsors with proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry in question.
Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsors, any individual that they find or believe to be not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules; to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Subject only to applicable law and any required regulatory approval, the Sponsors reserve the right and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsors affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regard to any matter relating to this Contest.
- SOCIAL MEDIA SITE: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any Social Media Site. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor. Any questions, comments, or complaints will be directed to the Sponsor. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of the administration and fulfillment of this Contest.