GAME RULES “REAL STORIES FANS” CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS IS A SKILL-BASED CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST
- The Heineken Real Fans contest (the “Contest”) is offered by Heineken Brouwerijen B.V. Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam (“Heineken”) on , as part of the UEFA Champions League® campaign of Heineken®.
- The Contest and these Game Rules are governed by the laws of the Netherlands. This choice of law does not affect the applicable mandatory consumer law provisions of your country of residence, if any.
- At any time Heineken has the right to, at its sole discretion and without prior notification, change or discontinue any aspect or feature of (the set-up of) the Contest and to change or modify the Game Rules, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, to the maximum extent permissible by applicable law. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Game Rules on Heineken’s website. If you do not agree to abide by these or any future Game Rules, do not (continue to) participate in the Contest. You are advised to regularly read the Game Rules for possible changes.
- The Contest is open only to legal residents of Argentina (except for residents of the provinces of Neuquén, Mendoza, Río Negro, Salta, and Tierra del Fuego), Colombia, Germany, Poland, Romania, Serbia, South Korea and United Kingdom, who are at least 18 years of age or the minimum legal drinking age in their country, whichever is older (“Entrant”).
- No purchase or payment is necessary to participate in the Contest.
- At all times Heineken has the right to, at its sole discretion and without prior notification, exclude you from participation in the Contest. Circumstances in which Heineken can exclude you from participation include, but are not limited to, non-compliance with these Game Rules or attempts to compromise integrity of the Contest in any way.
- The Contest is a skill-based contest, not a game of chance, sweepstake or lottery.
- Eligible persons can enter the Contest on the website heineken.com/realfansseats from February 8th, until April 15th 2024 (“Entry Period”).
How to take part
- During the Entry Period, (i) visit heineken.com/realfansseats (ii) provide all requested information, (iii) and upload content made by yourself showing that you are a real hardcore football fan (“Entry”).
- You can participate in the Contest only once; subsequent submissions will not be taken into account.
Entry Content Guidelines
- To be considered, an Entry must meet the following guidelines (“Entry Content Guidelines”) or shall be subject to disqualification in Heineken’s sole and absolute discretion.
- be captured in an image in .jpg format, accompanied by a text, or a standalone text, with a maximum of 300 characters in length;
- only include original material created by the Entrant, concerning a genuine, personal story on fan loyalty;
Entry must not:
- include illegal or hateful materials (including without limitation any materials which promote or condone hate or violence against people based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, medical status, or other forms of discriminatory intolerance);
- infringe on the intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights of any other person or entity, living or deceased;
- contain viruses, trojan horses or other technologies that could adversely impact the Contest;
- contain material that is disparaging to Heineken or inconsistent with the positive image and/or goodwill with which Heineken wishes to be associated (in Heineken’s sole and absolute discretion);
- show, reference or promote unlawful activities or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, including any depiction of or reference to irresponsible alcohol use, including but not limited to the ASA guidelines on Responsible Drinking, see https://www.asa.org.uk/type/non_broadcast/code_section/18.html ;
Determining the winners
- A jury, consisting of Heineken employees, will review and score eligible Entries shortlisted by an external agency. Each Entry will be reviewed and scored based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): originality and creativity of the Entry, quality of expression (is the Entry well written?) and spirit of the Entry (demonstration of love and passion for football).
- Prize winners will be notified by email at the email address provided in connection with the Entry on or before April 29th, 2024, through the Heineken appointed agency M&C Saatchi. It is an Entrant’s responsibility to monitor her/his email account to see if she or he is a prize winner.
- Prize winners will be asked to confirm that they accept the prize, and to inform Heineken who will be their travel companion to London. Please note that the winners’ travel companion must also meet the eligibility requirements for participation in the Contest.
- If Heineken is unable to contact a prize winner, or a prize winner has not responded to the above notification after five (5) days, is not in compliance with these Game Rules, declines the prize for any reason prior to award, or is unable or unwilling to accept the prize for any reason, their prize will be forfeited and, in Heineken’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected based on the next highest score as determined using the above Judging Criteria.
- If prize winners are from South Korea, or any other country that requires prize winner to obtain a valid visa to enter the United Kingdom, prize winners will need to confirm their visa application is accepted before […], an alternate winner will be selected based on the next highest score as determined using the above Judging Criteria.
- Limit one (1) prize per prize winner. All prize winners and their travel companions are subject to verification by Heineken, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. A prize winner is not a winner of any prize unless and until prize winner’s eligibility has been verified, and prize winner has been notified that verification is complete. In case prize winner’s and travel companion’s eligibility has not been verified within five (5) days, prize winners’ prize will be forfeited and Heineken reserves the right to select an alternate prize winner from all remaining Entries based on the next highest score as determined using the above Judging Criteria.
Prizes and prize restrictions
- A total of five (5) prizes will be awarded throughout the Contest.
- The prize consists exclusively of two (2) tickets to the 2024 UEFA Champions League Final in London, United Kingdom, on June 1st, 2024, including return flights (economy class, flights to be determined by Heineken), two nights stay at a hotel (one room, hotel to be determined by Heineken), and an allowance (to be determined by Heineken) for transportation and meals in London. The total value of the prize will be within the range of 7,000-9,000 EUR. Heineken will not arrange for nor assist in visa handling. Costs related to visa applications will not be reimbursed.
- Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Heineken reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Heineken will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
- All prize details not specified in these Game Rules will be determined in Heineken’s sole and absolute discretion.
- The results of the Contest are not open to discussion. Heineken’s judgment is final.
Limitations of liability; Releases; Intellectual property
- By submitting an Entry, Entrants agree that Heineken and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, successors, assigns and agents (“Released Parties”), to the extent permitted under applicable law, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including personal injury or death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse, or use of a prize, Entry, or participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity, or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, or intellectual property rights. The Released Parties are not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to interruptions due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, terrorism, or actual or threatened public health crises (including, without limitation, pandemics and epidemics and any government shutdowns or restrictions related thereto).
- By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents and warrants to Heineken (i) that such Entry is an original work of the Entrant which does not infringe any rights of any third party, and (ii) that other persons featured in the Entry consent in submitting the Entry in the Contest which may lead to publication by Heineken and (iii) that other persons featured in the Entry are all above the legal drinking age in Entrant’s country of residence. A breach of the warranty set forth herein will result in the Entrant’s Entry being invalid. Entrant further agrees that. Heineken shall be free to edit, exploit, modify, publish, reproduce, use, disclose, disseminate, and distribute the Entry to others without limitation in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world for any purpose without compensation, permission or notification to Entrant or any third party. Entrant hereby grants to Heineken and its legal representatives, successors and assigns (the “HEINEKEN Parties”), an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual worldwide license to use and exploit all intellectual property rights in and to the Entry in any form or format and to modify the same and acknowledges and agrees that if Heineken uses the submission, Entrant shall not be entitled to any credit, consideration, notice or payments of any kind. Entrant waives any moral rights he or she may have to the Entry to the extent permitted under applicable law and agrees that if Heineken elects to use the Entry for any purpose, all rights under copyright or other intellectual property rights which may result from that relating to Entrant’s Entry or from use of the same by Heineken shall be the sole property of Heineken. If any use by Heineken of the Entry causes it to be liable to any third-party, Entrant agrees to indemnify Heineken and its agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, representative and all related parties from and against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) which it incurs as a result of its use of the Entry to the extent permitted under applicable law.
- Nothing in these Game Rules shall exclude or in any way limit Heineken’s liability to the extent such liability may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
- All intellectual property rights to the Contest are owned by Heineken. All other use of the Contest, for example the storage or reproduction of (a part of) the Contest in any external site is prohibited without the express written consent of Heineken.
- Heineken is an official sponsor of UEFA Champions League® and entitled to use the event name and logos.
- Heineken, whether or not through one of its appointed agencies, is the sole responsible of the prize fulfilment.
- Heineken disclaims all warranties with respect to the Contest. The Contest is provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’.
- By accepting the prize, each winner agrees to being interviewed, photographed and filmed when receiving the prize and agrees to provide all active cooperation with any promotional activities and reasonable publicity arising from the prize. All resulting material, including Entrant’s name, image and comments, may be used by the HEINEKEN Parties at their sole discretion to the fullest extent and for any purpose, including for Heineken's future promotional and marketing purposes in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast and internet, without further reference and free of charge. The winner shall ensure that her or his travel companion agrees and shall cooperate with the same promotional activities and reasonable publicity as described above.
Privacy and data protection
Questions or complaints
- Should you have any questions, complaints about the Contest or our use of your personal data or in case you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact [Guilherme.email@example.com].
Version: 01 February 2024