HEINEKEN CITIES 2016 PROMOTION - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You must accept the following terms and conditions in order to participate in the Promotion. By entering into the Promotion you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions.
SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Promotion commences at 12.01am on 1 July 2016 and continues until midnight on 31st December 2016 (Promotional Period). No entries will be accepted outside the Promotional Period.
2. To register for the ‘Heineken Live’ app and to participate in and/or claim a prize in the Promotion, you must be a New Zealand resident aged 18 years or over, including anyone participating in the prize with the winner.
3. The Promotion is limited to one entry per person during the Promotional Period.
4. To enter, download the ‘Heineken Live’ App on your smart phone and complete the registration page during the Promotional Period and go in the draw to win a trip for you and a mate one of the selected Heineken Cities (see clause 5 below for details).
5. Prize winners will receive return flights for two to either Amsterdam, London, Singapore, New York, Sydney, Johannesburg, Rome, Berlin, Seoul, Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
The prize will also include all airport and airline taxes, airport transfers to and from the designated hotel and 5 star accommodation for four nights.
6. Prize winners will be notified as soon as reasonably practicable following any draw or award. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact prize winners using the information provided by the participant while registering to use the Heineken Live App. Heineken reserves the right to redraw or reallocate any prize if a winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable period, as determined by Heineken at its sole discretion.
7. All return flights will depart from and return to Auckland, Dunedin, Christchurch or Wellington (as applicable) only. All participants must make their own arrangements to get to and from valid departure points if required.
8. Heineken reserves the right to substitute similar alternative prizes of equal or greater value in the event of circumstances outside its control.
9. Prize winners must follow the instructions given by Heineken on how to claim their prize. Proof of age may be required and prize winners may be required to sign a participation agreement and/or deed of release before redeeming a prize.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
10. The promoter is DB Breweries Limited, acting through the Heineken brand (Heineken), 1 Bairds Road, DX Mail EX10906, Otahuhu, Auckland. The promoter can be contacted on 0800 102 337 free of charge from landlines within New Zealand.
11. Heineken’s and its associated companies’ employees, agents and contractors and their immediate families (including spouses, grandparents, parents, children or grandchildren) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
12. Entries must be made by individual consumers. No entries from trade customers, agents, organised groups or other third parties, or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. If Heineken suspects that a participant is using a computer to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of 'script' or any other automated means, that person's entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. At the discretion of Heineken, offenders may be prosecuted.
13. If the Promotion is limited to one entry per person, Heineken reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove any multiple or duplicate entries, and/or to exclude any entry or entrant from participation in the Promotion.
14. Incomplete or illegible entries or those not submitted in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted. Heineken has no responsibility, and will not be liable, for any lost, incorrect, or misdirected entries, or any entries not received by the Promoter.
15. Heineken’s decision on any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding. Heineken will not enter into any correspondence in respect of the Promotion.
16. Heineken reserves the right at any time to suspend or modify the Promotion, or these terms and conditions, without notice and for any reason whatsoever at its sole discretion.
17. Heineken may refuse to award a prize to any participant if, in Heineken’s sole opinion, that participant has violated the terms and conditions of the Promotion or has gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion.
18. Prizes are as stipulated and are not transferable, re-saleable or exchangeable. Heineken will not provide cash or other alternative for all or any part of any prize.
19. Heineken will endeavour to ensure that all relevant means of entry into the Promotion are available at all times during the Promotional Period, but cannot guarantee availability and is not liable for any disruptions or system failure. Heineken reserves the right to suspend or cease any means of entry into the Promotion at its sole discretion. Participants are responsible for all connection costs charged by their service provider. If you do not pay the bill please get permission from the person who does.
20. Promotion winners may be required to take part in any publicity accompanying or resulting from the Promotion. Unless otherwise specified by Heineken, no additional compensation will be provided by Heineken for such participation.
21. If any part of the prize involves overseas travel, the prize winner is responsible for ensuring their availability during the Promotion travel dates and for obtaining at their own expense a valid passport and, if applicable, any visa required for travel. Prize winners are also responsible for, and Heineken strongly recommends, obtaining adequate travel insurance at their own expense.
22. These terms and conditions are subject to all applicable laws, codes and regulations, including but not limited to the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and the Code for Advertising and Promotion of Alcohol.
23. Heineken adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. Participants in the Promotion agree that Heineken (and its agents and contractors) may collect and retain their personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and for future promotions carried out by Heineken and its associated companies. Participants have the right to request access to their personal information held by or on behalf of Heineken, and to update or to remove any such information. All such requests should be directed to Heineken in writing at the address set out above.
24. Prizes may be subject to the terms and conditions of a third party supplier. If this is the case, it is a condition of entry into the Promotion that participants agree to be bound by such terms and conditions. Heineken and its associated companies are not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any participant as a result of the conduct of a third party supplier.
25. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Heineken will not be liable for any damage whatsoever incurred by any participant (including but not limited to any indirect or consequential loss). All prizes are taken entirely at the prize winner’s own risk. Prize winners indemnify Heineken against any liability for accident or loss of life, personal injury, property damage or other loss, cost or expense arising in connection with the Promotion or any prize.
If you have any questions or concerns in relation to this Campaign or these Terms and Conditions, please contact email@example.com
Heineken’s and its associated companies’ employees, agents and contractors and their immediate families (including spouses, parents and children) are not eligible to receive any exclusive rewards offered through the Heineken LIVE app.
Due to the Bluetooth detection technology required to run the Heineken LIVE app, you will need an Apple iPhone 5 + or Samsung Galaxy S5 + (or equivalent Android device) in order to use it and to register for the Cities Promotion. If your phone does not support this technology, you can still enter the Cities Promotion by registering here.
DB Breweries Limited trading as Heineken (Heineken) respects your privacy and complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
Heineken may make changes to the way we collect and use personal information or to the App’s functionality from time to time. If this happens, Heineken will update this Policy. We recommend that you review this page regularly to check for any changes to this Policy.
Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act 1993 as information about an identifiable individual. Depending on the nature of your use of this App, the types of personal information that Heineken may collect and use include:
- date of birth;
- contact details, such as telephone numbers, postal address and email address;
- other personal information that you provide in relation to promotions, events or surveys run through the App;
- your physical location based on GPS or Beacon technology. This is used to give you tailored offers and messaging based on your proximity to selected Heineken Star Serve Venues (Heineken venues);
- your purchasing history and preferences in relation to our products; and
- information relating your use of the App, such as the Heineken venues you visit, offers you redeem, events you attend or content you access.
If you do not want to provide Heineken with personal information required for a mandatory field of the App registration form, Heineken will not be able to provide you with access to the App.
Heineken collects and uses personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- to deliver a more personalised experience through the App;
- to provide relevant offers and messaging based on the Heineken venues that you like to frequent and/or that are close to your location, offers you redeem and events you attend;
- to allow you to register for our brand loyalty programmes;
- to verify your identity;
- to provide information about our products and services to you;
- to run promotions;
- to conduct market research;
- to improve our services;
- to answer your questions and resolve complaints; and
- any other uses that you authorise.
Under this Policy you agree to receive email and/or text message communications from Heineken about advertising and promotional materials we believe may interest you. You can opt out of receiving these communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the communication or following the process set out in the text message. If you have provided a contact number we will only use this to contact you in relation to the redemption of any reward.
In order to provide you the information, products and services via this App, Heineken may need to share, and you authorise Heineken to share, some of your personal information with companies or individuals that assist Heineken in providing products or services to you.
Other than the third parties listed above, Heineken will not provide your personal information to any other third party, unless we have your consent to do so or there is a legal obligation to do so. Heineken may, though, provide aggregated anonymous statistics to third parties, including marketing and PR agencies, market research or insights partners, consultants and service providers.
Security of personal information is important to Heineken and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We require any third party who has access to your information to put in place appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorised use or disclosure.
Access and correction
You can request Heineken to provide access to the personal information we have collected about you at any time. You can also request Heineken to correct any of that personal information. You can send requests for access or correction of your personal information to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small data file that a website or application may store on your user device. Cookies track your movements through the Internet; they do not record any other personal information about you. Cookies are widely used on websites and applications to help with navigation and to personalise your experience when you visit.
Heineken uses session cookies to temporarily store information to help you use their websites and applications. For example, a cookie is placed to remember the information you submitted on the age-gate page on our websites. Without this cookie, you would have to re-submit the age-gate form before every page you want to visit on the website. Session cookies expire immediately when you close your browser or are deleted after 30 minutes of no activity on the website.
Heineken also uses persistent cookies to personalise the user experience and to provide us with research information (such as how often you open this App each month). If our website or applications include a "remember me" option when logging in, a persistent auto-login cookie may also be stored. The auto-login cookie will be removed if you log out.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your settings to prevent cookies being stored. However, if you do this, you may not be able to access or use all the features of this App.
If you have any questions about this Policy or if you feel that your privacy has been breached, please contact the Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
This Application (App) is operated on behalf of DB Breweries Limited trading as Heineken (Heineken).
To use and/or redeem an experience, event, reward or offer via the App, you must be a New Zealand resident aged 18 years or over.
The Heineken Live App
- The Heineken Live App is designed to deliver experiences, events, rewards and offers within your city.
- The Heineken Live App supports selected Heineken Star Serve Venues (Heineken venues) in New Zealand. By frequenting these Heineken venues you can unlock rewards and experiences.
- You can increase your “Heineken Status” by using the App and visiting Heineken venues. The Heineken Status can unlock special rewards and exclusive invitations to events.
- You can also increase your “Venue Status” at individual Heineken venues which can also unlock rewards and offers available at that venue.
Redemption of any experience, event, reward or offer is subject to the relevant Heineken venue’s conditions of entry and its host responsibility policies, and applicable laws including the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012. Each Heineken venue reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse entry or to refuse to provide goods and services to any person or group of persons who do not comply with the relevant conditions of entry, host responsibility policies or the law.
Any venue specific experience, event, reward or offer is redeemable at the sole discretion of the specific Heineken venue and they have the right to refuse redemption at any time.
Information submitted by you
Location Based Technology
The App uses GPS and Beacon technology to deliver tailored messaging, notifications and offers to your mobile device. Beacon technology uses Bluetooth Low-Energy to transmit information to your device based on your location. Beacons will be installed at participating Heineken venues around the country and used to communicate with the App based on your location and preferences. To get the most out of the App you will need to have Bluetooth turned on and Location Based Services and Notifications turned on.
The App will use notifications to communicate relevant messaging to help you get the most from the App. These notifications can be triggered by your location (via GPS or Beacons) or pushed out to you from Heineken. Whilst like any App you can turn these notifications off within your device settings, to get the most from the App we suggest you leave these on but that you use the App’s settings to turn off notifications from any particular Heineken venues that are not relevant to you.
Third Party Websites & Hyper-linking
This App may contain links to third party websites such as Heineken venue websites. As monitoring all the information disseminated through those third party websites would be impracticable, Heineken cannot guarantee that the information will be accurate or up to date. The inclusion of a third party website link within this App should not be taken as an endorsement by Heineken of that website. Heineken accepts no responsibility for the content or functionality of a third party website, or for the quality of products or services which may be offered on that website.
Experiences, events, rewards and offers provided via the App are only redeemable in respect of the goods and/or services as advertised on the App and will be subject to any terms and conditions of the relevant Heineken venue that has offered the experience, event, reward or offer whether or not these are displayed on the App. All people involved in the redemption of an experience, event, reward or offer via the App must be aged 18 years or over.
In the event of a dispute, Heineken’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Heineken may refuse to award an experience, event, reward or offer to any participant if, in Heineken’s sole opinion, that participant has violated the specific and/or general terms and conditions or is otherwise ineligible to redeem it.
Heineken reserves the right to redraw or reallocate any experience, event or reward if a winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable period, or does not redeem an experience, event or reward within a stipulated period, as determined by Heineken at its sole discretion.
Prizes are as stipulated and are non-transferable and non-refundable. In the event that an experience, event, reward or offer is not available for any reason, Heineken may substitute the an experience, event, reward or offer for another of like value. Heineken will not be responsible for the cancellation or postponement of any an experience or event.
Experiences, events, rewards and offers cannot be combined with any other offers, coupons, or promotions, unless otherwise specified by the relevant Heineken venue or Heineken.
If an experience, event, reward or offer is provided by Heineken, these will be subject to any terms and conditions specified in the details and/or instructions for redemption of the relevant experience, event, reward or offer.
The App and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Heineken, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by copyright, trade mark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You may access this App for personal use only. No other use of the App or its content is permitted without Heineken’s prior consent.
The information provided on this App is for information purposes only. Heineken makes every effort to ensure that any information on this App is current and accurate. However, Heineken does not accept any liability for mistakes or out-of-date information and, to the extent permitted by law, Heineken excludes all warranties, representations and guarantees (whether express, implied or statutory) including, but not limited to, warranties as to the quality or fitness for purpose of products, services and information offered on this App. Users of the information contained on this App must make their own assessment of the suitability and appropriateness of the products, services and information for their particular use.
All Liability Excluded
Heineken is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions. Heineken accepts no responsibility for any technical issues, system or software failures encountered while using the App. We try to ensure the standard of the App remains high but we cannot be held responsible for interruptions of service. Heineken reserves the right to suspend temporarily the operation of the App without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reason beyond its control.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Heineken, its associated companies, agents, licensors and contractors exclude all liability for any loss or damage caused (whether in tort or otherwise and whether directly or indirectly) by accessing this App, an inability to access this App, any virus transmitted through this App or your use of, or reliance on, any information obtained from this App.
In order to use this App you must obtain access to the Internet and pay any service fees associated with that access.