terms and conditions
Welcome to our website dedicated to our brand Heineken® (the “Website”). You should be of legal drinking age in your country to visit the Website.
These Terms apply to all visits to and all use of this Website of Heineken Brouwerijen B.V., located at Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam, the Netherlands ("HEINEKEN"), as well as to all information, recommendations and/or services provided you on or through this Website (the "Information").
By using this Website you agree to the applicability of these Terms. We note that these Terms may be changed over time. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon the posting of the modified Terms. Users of the Website are advised to regularly read the Terms for possible changes.
Information and Liability
The Information is for general information purposes only and does not constitute advice. HEINEKEN shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use (or inability to make use) of this Website, including any incorrectness or incompleteness of the Information, unless such damage is the result of any wilful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of HEINEKEN.
HEINEKEN shall furthermore not be liable for damages that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
Intellectual property rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by HEINEKEN, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You can use the Website only for purposes in line with these Terms. You are permitted to make copies of (parts of) the Website for personal use. You must not use any part of the content on our Website for other purposes without obtaining a written licence from us.
You agree to indemnify us from and against any actions, claims and liabilities arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or any unlawful use of the Website.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms are governed by Dutch law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection to the use of the Website will be settled by the courts of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Heineken Brouwerijen B.V., located at Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam, the Netherlands (“HEINEKEN”) is the controller of the processing of all personal data collected through this website dedicated to our brand Heineken® (the “Website”). HEINEKEN respects your privacy and complies with applicable privacy laws.
HEINEKEN only processes personal data that a user voluntarily provides to Heineken on the Website. This information may include such user’s first and last name, e-mail address, date of birth, address and country of residence. HEINEKEN’s purpose in gathering and transferring such personal data will be to provide a user with services available on the Website, for example to participate in a promotional campaign.
Transfer, storage and processing of data
The transfer, storage and processing of data collected through the Website is secured by means of current, usual technical measures. If your personal data has not been used for 12 months, HEINEKEN will delete your data.
HEINEKEN may transfer your personal data to its group companies. HEINEKEN may also provide your personal data to third parties if needed to provide the services available on the Website, which third parties will process your personal data according to instructions of HEINEKEN and under the responsibility of HEINEKEN. HEINEKEN will not provide your personal data to any other third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.
Access, correction and removal
The Website will make use of so-called "cookies". Cookies are small text files that the Website stores on your user device.
Cookies used on the Website
The Website only uses the following cookies and for the following purposes:
- Functional cookies: cookies used to enhance the user friendliness of the Website for visitors. For example, a cookie is placed to remember that you passed the age gate webpage when you are above legal drinking age. Without this cookie, you would have to re-submit this information on every webpage. The functional cookies of the Website that are stored by HEINEKEN on your computer only remain valid during your session on the Website.
- Analytics cookies: HEINEKEN uses Google Analytics cookies, with the purpose to analyse how visitors use the Website. HEINEKEN can then make improvements to the usability of the Website. Google only processes data obtained via the Website in an anonymous form. Please visit www.google.com/analytics for more information on Google Analytics.
Changing your settings
By changing the settings in your web browser, you can establish that you will be given notice if a cookie is stored on your computer. By changing settings, you can also establish that your browser does not accept cookies from this Website.
1. The Heineken® Kick It Off (the “Competition”) is offered by Carib Brewery Limited (“HEINEKEN”) as a promotion specific to Trinidad & Tobago
1. You are eligible to participate in the Competition if you are a resident of Trinidad & Tobago and are 18 years and older.
2. The following categories of persons are however excluded from participation in the Competition:
a. Persons employed by, or working for Carib Brewery in any capacity;
b. Brand advocates of Heineken.
c. Persons working for third party companies that are involved in the organization or execution of the Competition.
d. Immediate families of persons directly involved in organizing this competition
Rules of Entry
1. You can participate in the Competition on www.logograb.com
2. Scan the Heineken Logo on any bottle/ can of Heineken Lager or Heineken Light
3. Participate in a game of Match 3 to win weekly prizes of Heineken Merchandise.
1. The total amount of prizes that can be won in the Competition are:
(i) Five trips to view a UEFA Champions League second leg game in 2017. The location of the game will depend on the teams that qualify. If you win a Trip Prize you will win a trip for 1 person and HEINEKEN will pay for travel and hotel accommodation arrangements for 1 person. This will also include spending money; however note Heineken will not pay for travel documents.
(ii) Other Heineken merchandise will also be given away weekly during the promotion. A total of 160 items can be won over the course of 8 weeks, 20 items per week. This starts on March 1st 2017
ONLY APPLICABLE TO THE 5 WINNERS TO THE SEMI FINALS: HEINEKEN will contact the winners of the prizes via e-mail/ telephone. The winners of the Prize will need to:
(i) have a current and valid passport and provide HEINEKEN with a copy thereof;
(ii) be 18 and over and of legal drinking age in the country where the Prize will take place;
(iii) obtain a travel visa (if needed) to the place where the trip will take place;
(iv) Possess a visa to the United States of America in the event the itinerary requires a transit stop in the US.
(v) be in good general health and good physical and mental condition for travelling;
(vi) have a sufficient health and travel insurance to be able to travel to the country where the city trip will take place
2. The prizes cannot be sold, changed or exchanged for money or for other prizes and the prizes are not transferable.
3. Any tax payable as a result of a prize being awarded is the sole responsibility of the winner
4. Participants can enter a maximum of 5 times per day. Persons can win multiple weekly prizes; however a participant can only win 1 trip to the Semi Finals.
5. HEINEKEN’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding. No communication will be entertained in this regard.
6. In the event of any external circumstances beyond Heineken’s control, Heineken is not obliged to compensate the winners. E.g. postponement of the match, cancellation of flights etc.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold HEINEKEN and each of its subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, advertising and promotion agencies and each of its and their respective directors, employees, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) harmless from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Competition or arising in connection with a prize. The Released Parties shall not be responsible for lost, late, misidentified or misdirected entries or telecommunication or computer hardware or software performance, errors, delays or failures.
HEINEKEN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPETITION. THE COMPETITION AND THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND ‘AS AVAILABLE’.
1. All intellectual property rights on the Site are owned by Heineken Brouwerijen B.V., a company registered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
2. The storage or reproduction of (a part of) the Site in any external site is prohibited without the express written consent of HEINEKEN.
Material of others
Hyperlinks on the Site may direct visitors to external websites which are maintained by others. HEINEKEN shall not be liable for the contents and the functioning of such external websites. HEINEKEN shall also not be liable for the quality of products or services which may be offered on such external websites.
By accepting the Grand Prize, each winner agrees to being interviewed, photographed and filmed during and related to the Grand Prize and agrees to provide all active cooperation with any promotional activities and reasonable publicity arising from the prize. All resultant material, including participants' name, image and comments, may be used by the HEINEKEN group for promotional and marketing purposes in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast and internet, without further reference and free of charge.
Privacy and data protection
2. Your relevant personal data as first name, last name, email address etc. will be stored by HEINEKEN, in order to be able to appoint winners of the prizes and to execute the prizes. HEINEKEN will not use this data other than for this purpose.
3. All personal data will be deleted after the Competition has been completed except with respect to the personal data of the winners. The personal data of the winners will be stored by HEINEKEN for the period necessary to be able to award the prizes and will be used and stored in line with local privacy laws.