terms and conditions
Welcome to our website dedicated to our brand Heineken® (the “Website”). You should be of legal drinking age in your country to visit the Website.
These Terms apply to all visits to and all use of this Website of Heineken Brouwerijen B.V., located at Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam, the Netherlands ("HEINEKEN"), as well as to all information, recommendations and/or services provided you on or through this Website (the "Information").
By using this Website you agree to the applicability of these Terms. We note that these Terms may be changed over time. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon the posting of the modified Terms. Users of the Website are advised to regularly read the Terms for possible changes.
Information and Liability
The Information is for general information purposes only and does not constitute advice. HEINEKEN shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use (or inability to make use) of this Website, including any incorrectness or incompleteness of the Information, unless such damage is the result of any wilful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of HEINEKEN.
HEINEKEN shall furthermore not be liable for damages that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
Intellectual property rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by HEINEKEN, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You can use the Website only for purposes in line with these Terms. You are permitted to make copies of (parts of) the Website for personal use. You must not use any part of the content on our Website for other purposes without obtaining a written licence from us.
You agree to indemnify us from and against any actions, claims and liabilities arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or any unlawful use of the Website.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms are governed by Dutch law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection to the use of the Website will be settled by the courts of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Heineken Brouwerijen B.V., located at Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam, the Netherlands (“HEINEKEN”) is the controller of the processing of all personal data collected through this website dedicated to our brand Heineken® (the “Website”). HEINEKEN respects your privacy and complies with applicable privacy laws.
HEINEKEN only processes personal data that a user voluntarily provides to Heineken on the Website. This information may include such user’s first and last name, e-mail address, date of birth, address and country of residence. HEINEKEN’s purpose in gathering and transferring such personal data will be to provide a user with services available on the Website, for example to participate in a promotional campaign.
Transfer, storage and processing of data
The transfer, storage and processing of data collected through the Website is secured by means of current, usual technical measures. If your personal data has not been used for 12 months, HEINEKEN will delete your data.
HEINEKEN may transfer your personal data to its group companies. HEINEKEN may also provide your personal data to third parties if needed to provide the services available on the Website, which third parties will process your personal data according to instructions of HEINEKEN and under the responsibility of HEINEKEN. HEINEKEN will not provide your personal data to any other third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.
UCL Champion the Match Twitter Promotion
1. Acceptance of the rules is a condition of participation and these instructions form part of the rules. Only open to residents in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over excluding employees of Heineken UK Ltd or any person professionally connected with this promotion, staff of participating stores, and their immediate families.
2. To enter the competition, entrants must tweet a photo of themselves and/or their friends with the hashtag tagged #ChampionTheMatch in the accompanying copy. Your standard broadband rates apply. Entries limited to one per person. The promotion opens at Wednesday 25th May at 12:00 – ends at Sunday 29th May at 23:59. Winners will be selected at random from all valid entries.
3. We will only accept entries made directly by the person entering the promotion. Entries made through agents/third parties are invalid. No multiple entries from a single IP address will be valid.
4. By submitting your entry you are agreeing and confirming that:
- You shall be solely responsible for your submission and the consequences of posting or publishing it;
- The entire copyright in the submission and all content included in it of any nature, including images, video, script etc is original and belongs to you; y ou have permission from all people appearing in the submission to submit the submission for these purposes;
- Your image does not disclose any personal or confidential information belonging to you or anyone else;
- Your submission is not false, a misrepresentation, obscene, offensive, discriminatory or libellous;
- You agree that we may use your submission and/or any part of it for any purposes of promoting our products, including posting your submission on a HEINEKEN website or on other media channels
- You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable, transferrable, royalty free basis licence use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions. For clarity you retain all ownership rights in your submission;
- You also hereby grant each user of the HEINEKEN website a non-exclusive license to access your video through the site, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and such photographs;
- You agree that any credits are at our sole discretion.
5. We shall not be under any obligation to publish any of your material and reserve the right to withhold or take down any material at our sole discretion. All material submitted may be subject to moderation. The Promoter has the absolute discretion to upload or not upload any material and to remove any material already uploaded without giving reasons for the decision. The Promoter shall in particular refuse to upload any material for the following reasons:
a. promoting excessive, irresponsible or underage consumption of alcohol
b. Suggests endorsement of the HEINEKEN brand by any celebrity
c. Use of offensive, obscene, pornographic, abusive, false, misrepresenting, defamatory or malicious content
d. Anyone acting in a dangerous or irresponsible manner
e. Any indecent or inappropriate
f. Inclusion of those under the age of 25
g. Inclusion of non-Heineken group brands
h. The consumption of alcohol or the appearance of intoxication
i. Inclusion of content to which someone else owns the copyright, without the requisite authorisations
j. posting advertisements or solicitations of business:
k. Breach of these terms and conditions
l. technically harmful (including without limitation computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data). You must not misuse the website (including without limitation by hacking).
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, incomplete, illegible or delayed entries, such entries will be void. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt and promoter does not accept any responsibility for the non-receipt or the late receipt of entries due to network failure or for any associated costs to entrants. No entries submitted via any other means will be accepted. The promoter cannot guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to the entry route. Any mechanical reproduction or automated entries is prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification.
7. Winners will be selected at random from all qualifying entries. There is 1 prize to be won. The prize consists of 5 x tickets to a UEFA Champions League 2016-2017 Group stage (September – December 2016) UK based game of the winners choice, dependent on availability. No other travel, subsistence, accommodation or other costs are included. Prizes are given away to entries deemed the most original. The Judge’s decision is final.
8. Winner will be contacted through the Twitter account used to make the submission on Monday 30th May. If the winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw and select a new winner (and so on until a winner can be contacted who will take up the prize).
9. We will announce the winner on the T&Cs page 48 hours after the winner has been contacted.
10. There is no cash or other equivalent to any prize in whole or in part. Prize is not transferable in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to reclaim the prize if it is transferred.
11. The winner and guest may be required to participate in all required publicity, including any presentation ceremony.
12. The decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The promoter is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions.
14. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this promotion due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control.
These rules and any dispute or difference arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The Promoter and each entrant irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with these rules or the legal relationships established by this agreement.
Promoter: Heineken UK Limited, 3-4 Broadway Park, EDINBURGH, EH12 9JZ
The Website will make use of so-called "cookies". Cookies are small text files that the Website stores on your user device.
Cookies used on the Website
The Website only uses the following cookies and for the following purposes:
- Functional cookies: cookies used to enhance the user friendliness of the Website for visitors. For example, a cookie is placed to remember that you passed the age gate webpage when you are above legal drinking age. Without this cookie, you would have to re-submit this information on every webpage. The functional cookies of the Website that are stored by HEINEKEN on your computer only remain valid during your session on the Website.
- Analytics cookies: HEINEKEN uses Google Analytics cookies, with the purpose to analyse how visitors use the Website. HEINEKEN can then make improvements to the usability of the Website. Google only processes data obtained via the Website in an anonymous form. Please visit www.google.com/analytics for more information on Google Analytics.
Changing your settings
By changing the settings in your web browser, you can establish that you will be given notice if a cookie is stored on your computer. By changing settings, you can also establish that your browser does not accept cookies from this Website.