terms and conditions
Welcome to our website dedicated to our brand Heineken® (the “Website”). You should be of legal drinking age in your country to visit the Website.
These Terms apply to all visits to and all use of this Website of Heineken Brouwerijen B.V., located at Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam, the Netherlands ("HEINEKEN"), as well as to all information, recommendations and/or services provided you on or through this Website (the "Information").
By using this Website you agree to the applicability of these Terms. We note that these Terms may be changed over time. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon the posting of the modified Terms. Users of the Website are advised to regularly read the Terms for possible changes.
Information and Liability
The Information is for general information purposes only and does not constitute advice. HEINEKEN shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use (or inability to make use) of this Website, including any incorrectness or incompleteness of the Information, unless such damage is the result of any wilful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of HEINEKEN.
HEINEKEN shall furthermore not be liable for damages that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
Intellectual property rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by HEINEKEN, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You can use the Website only for purposes in line with these Terms. You are permitted to make copies of (parts of) the Website for personal use. You must not use any part of the content on our Website for other purposes without obtaining a written licence from us.
You agree to indemnify us from and against any actions, claims and liabilities arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or any unlawful use of the Website.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms are governed by Dutch law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection to the use of the Website will be settled by the courts of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Please do not share our content with anyone under the legal drinking age.
Rugby World Cup 2019™, Japan Heineken® Off Trade Activation
- The Promoter is Heineken Ireland Limited trading at One Kilmainham Square, Kilmainham, Dublin 8 (“the Promoter”).
- You must be over 18 years of age and reside in the Republic of Ireland to enter the Rugby World Cup 2019™, Heineken Promotion (“the Competition”), entry via ‘Scan QR code’.
- By entering the Competition, you will be deemed to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the Competition.
- Employees and/or relatives of employees of the Promoter, its associated companies and any agents connected to the Competition are not eligible to enter the Competition and/or win any prizes.
- The Competition is running from midday 22nd Feb until midnight 22nd April in the Republic of Ireland. Incomplete, illegible or late entries will not be accepted. Only one entry per person per day is permitted.
- No purchase of any product is required to enter the Competition.
- The Competition is run by the Promoter and has no affiliation whatsoever with Rugby World Cup Limited and/ or its associated Companies, their subsidiaries, affiliates and/ or related companies.
- The Promotion will take place nationwide throughout participating Tesco, Dunnes, Centra and Supervalu stores across the Republic of Ireland.
- To enter via ‘Scan QR Code’ Competition, customers must scan the QR code found on the promotional in-store advertising. Customers must then select the store they’re in and fill out the required details to be entered into the competition.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not received or undelivered due to technical failure or any other reason beyond its control. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet, accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act.
- There will be x3 overall winners selected for the Trip to Rugby World Cup 2019, Japan. The prize for each winner includes: Return flights from Dublin to Japan for the winner plus 1x friend, a x 4 night stay in a hotel in Japan including breakfast and dinner and x2 tickets for the winner and their friend to attend the Ireland V Scotland in the opening group match at the Yokohama International Stadium. The person accompanying the winner must be over 18 –subject to age verification.
- An independent adjudicator and/or panel of judges will select the winner. In all respects the judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the judges' decision.
- Prize winners will be contacted between 29/04/19 to 03/05/19 on the email address or mobile number used to enter the promotion. If the winner selected is not available for any reason when contacted in relation to the prize, the Promoter shall select an alternative winner within 48 hours.
- Delivery of prizes and time of delivery will be arranged directly with the winner. If the delivery is not accepted at agreed time, the Promoter reserves the right to return the prizes to their storage facility and it will be the responsibility of the prize winner to then arrange for delivery.
- The prize will be issued subject to proof of valid identification and age verification.
- Terms and conditions of prize provider may apply.
- The winner may be required for publicity purposes. Entrants agree by entering the Competition to participate in such publicity including but not limited to the publication of their names and photographs for advertising and/or promotional purposes. Should a winner be unable or unwilling to take part in any such publicity, the Promoter may at its discretion choose a replacement winner without future reference or obligation to the original winner.
- No cash alternative is available; prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- In the event that the prize becomes unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of equal or similar value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse payment of any reward if there is any suspicion of fraud or in the event that winner notification has been incorrectly (e.g. by reason of technical fault, computer and/or printing error) printed and/or generated and/or sent to the winner on the Promoter’s behalf.
- No warranty or guarantee is given by the Promoter in relation to any of the prizes and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents, associated companies, and trading partners will not be liable for any loss, damage, delay, additional expenses, injury or death howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence, fraud or malicious act), statutory or otherwise arising out of the Competition or receipt or use of any prize awarded pursuant to the Competition and the Promoter does not recommend or guarantee the performance of any contractor or the obligations of any third parties associated with any prize (including without limitation the promoter of any prize) and will not be liable for any fraud committed by any third party.
- During the Competition, any request or complaint concerning the Competition and Terms and Conditions may be sent via e-mail to the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. You will be contacted within a reasonable time after receipt. The Promoter will not engage in any correspondence related to the selection of any prize winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary, cancel or modify the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions at any time and for whatever reason and/or amend or withdraw the Competition (and/or any related Prizes) in whole or in part at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. The Promoter is also entitled to vary the prizes if, due to unforeseen circumstances it becomes impossible to provide the prizes as described or in its opinion, it would be inappropriate in any way. In that event, prizes of equal or similar value will be offered.
- - Each winner and his/her guest(s) as applicable agree to comply with the terms and conditions applicable to the issue and use of tickets from time to time (as available and set out at https://info.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/tickettc-e/ or such other webpage as determined by Rugby World Cup Limited (“RWCL”) from time to time), the tournament organiser (Japan Rugby 2019, “JR2019”) and all applicable venue owner or operator rules and regulations to access Rugby World Cup venues and any other areas associated with Rugby World Cup (including any terms of accreditation determined by RWCL). Further each winner and his/her guest(s) acknowledge that he/she may be required to enter into a direct acknowledgement and/or agreement with RWCL and/or JR2019 concerning use of the tickets and compliance with ticket terms and conditions prior to receiving the prize.
- Winners and/or guests shall not, while using Rugby World Cup tickets, display or publicise any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to ambush marketing or an abuse of the Rugby World Cup, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon any of RWCL or the Rugby World Cup. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that any breach of this clause 16 will cause significant damage and loss to RWCL.
- The Promoter may pass personal information relating to prize winners to RWCL and/or JR2019 (and any of their service providers or agents) for the purposes of monitoring the distribution and use of Rugby World Cup tickets and related experiences and, in the event of a suspect breach of any terms and conditions, rules or regulations of RWCL and/or JR2019 relating to the use of such tickets and/or experiences, investigating and taking action against such winners.
- This promotion is run by the Promoter with the permission of RWCL. Accordingly the Promoter is responsible for the operation of and all matters and concerns relating to the promotion, not RWCL or any other persons involved in staging of Rugby World Cup 2019 (including JR2019) and World Rugby (formerly the International Rugby Board), all of whom shall not be responsible for or liable to entrants in any way whatsoever in connection with this promotion.
- The Competition and these terms and conditions are governed by Irish law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- Heineken promotes responsible drinking. Please visit drinkaware.ie for more information.
Heineken 0.0% Voucher Redemption
TO THE CONSUMER: THIS COUPON MAY ONLY BE USED AT PARTICIPATING OUTLETS IN ROI AS PAYMENT OR PART PAYMENT FOR ONE HEINEKEN® 0.0% 4 PACK 33CL BOTTLE OR ONE HEINEKEN® 0.0% 6 PACK 33CL CAN ONLY TO THE VALUE OF €6. REDEEMABLE BY PERSONS AGED 18+ ONLY. IF THE CHOSEN RETAILER IS CHARGING MORE THAN €6, COVERING THE EXCESS WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CONSUMER. NOT VALID WITH ANY OTHER PROMOTIONAL OFFER. NOT VALID IN DUNNES STORES. ONLY ONE COUPON PER PURCHASE. COUPON ONLY VALID IF PRINTED. SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. NO CASH ALTERNATIVE WILL BE OFFERED. COUPON MAY NOT BE RESOLD OR TRANSFERRED. THE CASHIER MAY REFUSE TO REDEEM THE VOUCHER IF IT APPEARS TO BE COPIED OR DEFECTIVE IN ANYWAY. VALID FROM 18/12/18 UNTIL 31/12/18.
TO THE RETAILER: REDEEMABLE BY PERSONS AGED 18+ ONLY. HEINEKEN IRELAND WILL REDEEM THIS VOUCHER AT ITS FACE VALUE PROVIDED IT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AGAINST THE PURCHASE OF HEINEKEN® 0.0% 4 PACK 33CL BOTTLE OR HEINEKEN® 0.0% 6 PACK 33CL CAN ONLY. COUPON ONLY VALID IF PRINTED. HEINEKEN IRELAND HAS THE RIGHT TO WITHHOLD PAYMENT IF IT HAS CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THIS COUPON WAS REDEEMED OTHER THAN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE CONDITIONS. FOR REDEMPTION PLEASE SEND TO: C/O PPS, DARGAN HOUSE, 21-23 FENIAN STREET, DUBLIN D02 HK10. THE PROMOTER IS HEINEKEN IRELAND, LEITRIM ST, CORK.
HEINEKEN LIVE YOUR MUSIC – MYSTERY TICKETS 2 CAMPAIGN
1.1. The Promoter is Heineken Ireland Limited trading at Murphy’s Brewery, Leitrim Street, Cork (“the Promoter”).
1.2. You must be over 18 years of age and reside in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland to enter the Mystery Tickets 2 Campaign (“The Promotion”).
1.3. By entering the Promotion, you will be deemed to have read and agreed to these terms and conditions of the Promotion.
1.4. Employees and/or relatives of employees of the Promoter, its associated companies and any agents connected to the Promotion are not eligible to enter the Promotion and/or win any prizes.
1.5. The Promotion is free to enter, no purchase is necessary and there is no entry fee or charge for participation
2. Promotional Period
2.1. The Promotion will take place online and be accessible by emails sent to Heineken Live Your Music fans.
2.2. The Promotion is running from 5pm Monday 4 February to Thursday 7 February 2019 in the Republic of Ireland.
3. How to Enter
- Post Malone - x2 - 14th February
- Wild Youth - x2 - 23rd March
- Maverick Sabre - x2 - 30th March
- Backstreet Boys - x2 - 11th June
- Ariana Grande - x2 - 22nd Sept
3.1. To enter, simply click the ‘Win Tickets Now’ button in promotional emails from Heineken Live Your Music. Winners will be chosen randomly from eligible participants.
3.2. There will be 5 prizes overall. These prizes include tickets for the following concerts taking place in Ireland:
3.3. Travel to and from the event is not included.
3.4. [Prizes are non-exchangeable and for specific events only]
3.5. [Only one entry per person is permitted].
The winning entrants and their guests may be required for publicity purposes. Entrants agree by entering the Competition to participate in such publicity including but not limited to the publication of their names and photographs for advertising and/or promotional purposes. Should a winner be unable or unwilling to take part in any such publicity, the Promoter may at its discretion choose a replacement winner without future reference or obligation to the original winner.
5.1. The prize will be issued subject to proof of valid identification and age verification.
5.2. No cash alternative is available; prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
5.3. In the event that the prize becomes unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of equal or similar value.
5.4. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not received or for undelivered or delayed messages which were unable to be sent or received due to technical failure or any other reason beyond its control. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet, accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act.
5.5. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse payment of any reward if there is any suspicion of fraud or in the event that winner notification has been incorrectly (e.g. by reason of technical fault, computer and/or printing error) printed and/or generated and/or sent to the winner on the Promoter’s behalf.
5.6. No warranty or guarantee is given by the Promoter in relation to any of the prizes and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents, associated companies, and trading partners will not be liable for any loss, damage, delay, additional expenses, injury or death howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence, fraud or malicious act), statutory or otherwise arising out of the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize awarded pursuant to the Promotion and the Promoter does not recommend or guarantee the performance of any contractor or the obligations of any third parties associated with any prize (including without limitation the promoter of any prize) and will not be liable for any fraud committed by any third party.
5.7. All prize winners will be contacted on 7 February 2019 by phone or email address used to sign up to Live Your Music. If the winner selected is not available for any reason when contacted in relation to the prize, the Promoter shall select an alternative winner. Upon winning notification, prize winners will be given the details of their prize.
5.8. During the Promotion, any request or complaint concerning the Promotion and Terms and Conditions may be sent via e-mail to the Promoter at [email@example.com] stating your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number.
5.9. The Promoter reserves the right to vary, cancel or modify the Promotion and/or the Terms and Conditions at any time and for whatever reason and/or amend or withdraw the Promotion (and/or any related Prizes) in whole or in part at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. The Promoter is also entitled to vary the prizes if, due to unforeseen circumstances it becomes impossible to provide the prizes as described or in its opinion, it would be inappropriate in any way. In that event, prizes of equal or similar value will be offered.
5.11. The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
5.12. Heineken promotes responsible drinking. Please visit drinkaware.ie for more information.
This Privacy Statement applies to any information provided or collected through this Heineken Ireland Ltd. website and/or any Heineken Ireland Ltd. application, including the Heineken Ireland Ltd. mobile and tablet applications or any application on social media or other website (together the "Digital Media"), which are provided by Heineken Ireland Ltd, a company registered in Ireland with company number 90921 and registered office address of Ladyswell Brewery, Cork, Ireland T23VF78 (the "Company", "us", "we" or "our").
This Privacy Statement (together with our Cookies Policy (http://www.heineken.com/ie/Terms-of-Use-and-Privacy) sets out the basis on which we gather and use any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us by using the Digital Media. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We are committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of users of the Digital Media.
We will use your personal data only for the purposes and in the manner set forth below which describes the steps we take to ensure our processing of your personal data is in compliance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the "Acts").
Acceptance of this privacy statement
By using the Digital Media, you signify acceptance of this Privacy Statement and to our using and processing your personal data. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of the Privacy Statement, PLEASE LEAVE THE DIGITAL MEDIA NOW. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement or the HIL Cookies Policy at any time. We will notify you of such changes by posting in this Privacy Statement or the HIL Cookies Policy. You are thus invited to regularly review this Privacy Statement and the HIL Cookies Policy to make sure you are aware of any changes and how your information may be used.
The types of personal data we collect about you
When you visit or use the Digital Media in any way, we may collect and process different types of information about you.
Information you provide to us
In order to obtain access to information, services or products provided by us via the Digital Media you may be required to provide personal data such as your name, postal address, date of birth, email address and telephone number. We may also collect and process demographic information such as preferences and interests, which we may obtain from third parties such as Google or social media that you use. You can choose not to provide this information; however, you might not be able to gain access to our information, services or products. If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of the information you provide through the "Contact Us" function of the Digital Media. We may also collect and process details of any transactions or usage you carry out through the Digital Media and the fulfilment of orders.
Information we collect through technology
If you make use of any Heineken social media features, either on the Digital Media or through a social media provider, we may access your personal data via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. When using a social media feature and if you have chosen to include it in your social media account, we may access personal data such as your name, profile picture, gender, birthday, email address, address and any other information you have chosen to make available. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations (e.g. location data) to provide you with relevant content. We may also access information from social media providers about your use of the Digital Media that we run on their website.
Links to other websites
We may, from time to time, provide links to third party websites. In addition, third parties' websites may also provide links to the Digital Media. Should you choose to visit these third party websites, you should review their privacy statements to ensure you understand and are comfortable with their practices concerning your personal data. We do not accept, and we disclaim, any responsibility for the privacy statements and data protection practices of any third party website (whether or not such website is linked on or to the Digital Media). These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only, and you access them at your own risk. It is your responsibility to check the third party website's privacy statements before you submit any personal data to their websites.
Uses made of your personal data
Generally, all information collected is used for the purpose provided for which you submitted the information to us or as otherwise identified at the point of collection or in this Privacy Statement. These purposes are mainly the following:
- To display more meaningful and relevant advertisements to you;
- To identify ‘Lookalike’ audiences on social media, such as Facebook, in order to provide information, advertisements, services or products that we feel may be of use or interest to those audiences
- To provide you with general information on the Digital Media and to provide you with our products and services;
- To respond to your requests for information, feedback and other communication or correspondence you may submit to us;
- To measure your interest in and improve our products, services and Digital Media;
- To ensure that content on the Digital Media is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Digital Media, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to the Digital Media, services, products or policies; and
- To notify you about special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
In addition to the purpose for which you submitted your personal data, you may also be given the option (through a check box or otherwise) to have your personal data used for an activity or service different from the primary activity or service that you are requesting. For example, if you are signing up for a competition or other promotion, you may also be invited to sign up for newsletters or alerts from the Digital Media or from other websites or Heineken products. If you choose to receive these additional services, we will use your personal data to provide them to you.
We may also use your email address to send you transactional or administrative communications (e.g., confirmation email when you sign up for, or unsubscribe from, a specific registration or activity), as well as certain service related announcements (e.g. notices about updates to our Privacy Statement, changes to our online services or technical support policies, or other related changes).
We may also use your personal data and/or demographic information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve, personalise, and customise the products and services we provide you and to better meet your needs.
Subject to applicable law, this may include occasionally combining, updating, or otherwise enhancing the personal data collected through the Digital Media with data we receive from outside records or third parties. For instance, we may combine purely demographic or survey information (e.g., age, gender, household information, and other interests, etc.) not linked to any personal data about you with personal data collected in other cases (such as during account registration).
Where we store your personal data
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), for the purposes described above. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers who act on our behalf. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your request for information and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the Acts.
Safeguarding your personal data
The security and confidentiality of your personal data is extremely important to us. As no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us and you transfer the personal data at your own risk. We endeavour to use and keep under review appropriate technical and organisational measures (including staff training and awareness) in order to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data, including unauthorised destruction, alteration or disclosure or access. We shall only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary or as required by law.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, from time to time.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- Where a service provider provides a service or function on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention. We may also authorise third-party service providers to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of the Digital Media or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests.
- We may also share your personal data with social media providers, such as Facebook, or other third parties, to build lookalike audiences for marketing purposes. When you access certain Heineken social media features through the Digital Media, you are sharing information with the social media provider (such as Facebook) and the information you share will be governed by their privacy statements (including that we may access such information via the social media provider). You may be able to modify your privacy settings for these social media providers. Please consult the privacy statement of the relevant social media provider for further information.
- If Heineken or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your personal data held by us may be included in the transferred assets (for example, in the form of a database of users of the Digital Media). Similarly, personal data may be transferred as part of a corporate reorganisation, insolvency proceeding, or other similar event, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order, or in order to enforce, establish, exercise or defend legal rights, the rights, property, or safety of you, us, our group, or employees.
You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you and to request a copy of the personal data held by us about you by contacting [insert details]. We may charge a fee for this which will not exceed €6.35 or an amount otherwise permitted by law.
You can also contact us to express the following choices:
- You can request to correct your personal data if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date or request the deletion of your personal data.
- You also always have the option not to share any of your personal data with us or to object to the processing of your data by us for legitimate reasons. However, if you choose this option, you will be limited in the activities and features we can provide you.
- If you do not want to receive newsletters, announcements, or other communications and/or services from the Digital Media, please do not opt-in for those communications or services at the time of registration. If you have opted-in and, at a later time, wish to opt-out, please click on the unsubscribe link inserted in our communications or amend your preferences accordingly.
- Along with every email communication sent to you, we provide you the opportunity to discontinue receiving future communications (i.e., unsubscribe). Simply follow the unsubscribe process or directions provided in the email.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you have provided to us is accurate and up-to-date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, please send us an email entitled 'CHANGE OF DETAILS' to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this Privacy Statement and the information we hold are welcome; please contact us at email@example.com
What are cookies?
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually prevent accepting cookies by changing your browser settings. Cookies help us give you a better website, by letting us monitor what's working and what isn't through site traffic analysis.
As well as setting some cookies ourselves, "first party cookies", we also work with some partners to help give you access to even more great features on the Digital Media. These partners set "third party cookies" which enable their features to be provided on or through the Digital Media (such as advertising or videos).
Types of Cookies Used on the Digital Media
Necessary cookies: these are essential in order to enable you to move around the Digital Media and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Digital Media. Without these cookies, our Digital Media would not work properly and services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or secure customer accounts, cannot be provided.
Performance cookies: these collect information about how visitors use the Digital Media, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. [These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.] We use these cookies to test different designs and features for our website and we also use them to help us monitor how our visitors reach our sites and how effective our advertising is.
Functional cookies: these allow the Digital Media to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise.
Social networking cookies: these are usually set by the social networking provider and enable you to share content from the Digital Media with your friends through your favourite social networks.
Further details are contained in the following table:
|Cookie Type||Name||Purpose||Expiry Date||Who Provides the Cookie?||Opt Out Link|
|Performance Cookie||Performance Cookie||Analytics and user behaviour||Remains valid for 2 years||Opt Out|
|Performance Cookie||Performance Cookie||User behaviour analysis||Remains valid for only 1 session||HotJar||Opt Out|
|Targeting Cookie||Targeting Cookie||User tracking / retargeting||Expires in 6 months||Krux||Opt Out|
|Necessary Cookie||Necessary Cookie||Permission to accept further cookies||Remains valid for 1 year||Rothco||N/A|
|Necessary Cookie||Necessary Cookie||Age Gate Verification||Remains valid for 3 months||Rothco||N/A|
|Targeting Cookie||Targeting Cookie||Retargeting||Expires in 30 days||The Trade Desk||Opt Out|
|Targeting Cookie||Targeting Cookie||Retargeting||Expires in 30 days||Opt Out|
How to Manage and Disable Cookies
By using the Digital Media, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
If you do not want these cookies on your device, you can change your cookie settings at any time through your web browser settings. Here are the locations of the cookie settings for all major web browsers:
- Internet Explorer - Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab.
- Mozilla Firefox - Tools > Options > Privacy menu.
- Safari Users - Edit > Preferences > Privacy menu.
- Chrome Users - Settings > Content Settings > Privacy > Cookies.
To block Google Analytics cookies specifically, you can install the “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” provided by Google.