terms and conditions
Welcome to our website dedicated to our brand Heineken® (the “Website”). You should be of legal drinking age in your country to visit the Website.
These Terms apply to all visits to and all use of this Website of Heineken Brouwerijen B.V., located at Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam, the Netherlands ("HEINEKEN"), as well as to all information, recommendations and/or services provided you on or through this Website (the "Information").
By using this Website you agree to the applicability of these Terms. We note that these Terms may be changed over time. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon the posting of the modified Terms. Users of the Website are advised to regularly read the Terms for possible changes.
Information and Liability
The Information is for general information purposes only and does not constitute advice. HEINEKEN shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use (or inability to make use) of this Website, including any incorrectness or incompleteness of the Information, unless such damage is the result of any wilful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of HEINEKEN.
HEINEKEN shall furthermore not be liable for damages that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
Intellectual property rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by HEINEKEN, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You can use the Website only for purposes in line with these Terms. You are permitted to make copies of (parts of) the Website for personal use. You must not use any part of the content on our Website for other purposes without obtaining a written licence from us.
You agree to indemnify us from and against any actions, claims and liabilities arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or any unlawful use of the Website.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms are governed by Dutch law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection to the use of the Website will be settled by the courts of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Heineken Brouwerijen B.V., located at Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam, the Netherlands (“HEINEKEN”) is the controller of the processing of all personal data collected through this website dedicated to our brand Heineken® (the “Website”). HEINEKEN respects your privacy and complies with applicable privacy laws.
HEINEKEN only processes personal data that a user voluntarily provides to Heineken on the Website. This information may include such user’s first and last name, e-mail address, date of birth, address and country of residence. HEINEKEN’s purpose in gathering and transferring such personal data will be to provide a user with services available on the Website, for example to participate in a promotional campaign.
Transfer, storage and processing of data
The transfer, storage and processing of data collected through the Website is secured by means of current, usual technical measures. If your personal data has not been used for 12 months, HEINEKEN will delete your data.
HEINEKEN may transfer your personal data to its group companies. HEINEKEN may also provide your personal data to third parties if needed to provide the services available on the Website, which third parties will process your personal data according to instructions of HEINEKEN and under the responsibility of HEINEKEN. HEINEKEN will not provide your personal data to any other third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.
Access, correction and removal
The Website will make use of so-called "cookies". Cookies are small text files that the Website stores on your user device.
Cookies used on the Website
The Website only uses the following cookies and for the following purposes:
- Functional cookies: cookies used to enhance the user friendliness of the Website for visitors. For example, a cookie is placed to remember that you passed the age gate webpage when you are above legal drinking age. Without this cookie, you would have to re-submit this information on every webpage. The functional cookies of the Website that are stored by HEINEKEN on your computer only remain valid during your session on the Website.
- Analytics cookies: HEINEKEN uses Google Analytics cookies, with the purpose to analyse how visitors use the Website. HEINEKEN can then make improvements to the usability of the Website. Google only processes data obtained via the Website in an anonymous form. Please visit www.google.com/analytics for more information on Google Analytics.
Changing your settings
By changing the settings in your web browser, you can establish that you will be given notice if a cookie is stored on your computer. By changing settings, you can also establish that your browser does not accept cookies from this Website.
Heineken® UEFA Champions League Competition
1. This competition will start from 1 February 2017 and end on 30 April 2017. The competition is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa except the employees of Heineken SA and the respective advertising, media and PR Agencies, as well as the family members, consultants, directors, associates and trading partners of such organisations and persons.
2. All participants must be over the age of 18 years at the date of entry and will be required to exhibit valid identity documents as proof thereof.
3. To enter, the participant must 1) Buy any Heineken® bottle or can with a special competition underliner code. 2) Dial *120*222# and enter the underliner code found under the bottle cap. Every code entered allows you entry into the draw. Participants stand a chance to win a trip to the UEFA Champions League Final in Cardiff on 03 June 2017 or one of 90 prizes during a game night. Entry into the draw (via USSD) is charged at 20c/20 seconds.
4. The winners of the prizes will be randomly selected by an independent auditor from eligible entrants as follows:
- The winners of the trip to the UEFA Champions League Final shall be drawn within a week after the competition has closed on 30 April 2017; and
- The winners of the game night prizes will be drawn within two days of the activated UEFA Champions League game night occurring during the competition. Activated match nights are the 15th and 21st of February 2017, the 7th and 15th of March 2017, the 12th and 19th of April 2017, the 3rd and 10th of May 2017 and the final on the 3rd of June 2017.
5. Each of the winners will be notified telephonically on the day after the respective draw dates. If the winner cannot be contacted for 2 consecutive days thereafter, the prize will be forfeited to Heineken SA for a redraw.
6. The match night prizes will include the following prizes per match night:
- 10 x Hampers comprising of: 1 x Backpack, 1 x T-shirt, 1 x water bottle, 1 x cap.
- 40 x R20 data vouchers
- 40 x cases of Heineken
The prize to attend the UEFA Champions League Final in Cardiff on June 03 2017 will include flights, accommodation, meals, travel insurance, airport transfers and spending money for two persons. The value of spending money is at the sole and absolute discretion of and will be confirmed by Heineken SA. The winner and travel companion must be able to travel within the specified dates in 2017, being in June 2017. Participants must, prior to the draw dates, procure their own valid passports (valid for 6 months after the month of travel) and necessary visas and be in a fit medical condition to travel, failing which, the prize will be forfeited to Heineken SA for a redraw.
7. The decision of the competition judges is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Every effort will be made to deliver the prize described above, but due to the nature of the prize, it may be altered at any time, without notice, at Heineken SA’s discretion.
8. Although we have taken care to make sure that the prize is of a good quality, we do not give any warranties about the prize and you agree to accept the prize “as is”. Subject to applicable law, you also indemnify us against any damages that anyone may suffer as a result of the prize/s or this competition, including consequential and economic loss.
9. Your entry will be withdrawn if any goods purchased in connection with the competition are returned by you.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure that your personal contact details provided are complete, accurate and up to date.
11. Subject to these rules, the person’s name drawn will be the winner of the prize, provided that the person was eligible to enter into the competition in terms of these Ts and Cs.
12. Heineken SA cannot guarantee that all products will contain unique codes for entry into this competition. By entering this competition the participant hereby indemnifies Heineken SA for all liabilities arising from or related to any products without a unique underliner code.
13. Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize are for the winners own account. Heineken SA, and its associates if applicable, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance and/or use of a prize, whether foreseen or not.
14. The prize is not transferrable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
15. To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on a prize by the State or any other competent government or regulatory body, the winner/s will be liable therefore, and Heineken SA will not increase the value of the prize/s to compensate for such charges.
16. Heineken SA reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that may arise.
17. Neither Heineken SA and their respective advertising, media and PR agencies, nor their trading partners shall be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, damage or costs, howsoever arising, suffered by an entrant of this prize draw and/or participant in the prize offered.
18. The winner may be required to take part in publicity and participation in the prize draw is conditional upon agreement to take part in such publicity. Winner will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for any such publicity or otherwise. All and any materials, including publicity materials, will be the sole property of Heineken SA.
19. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern these Terms and Conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
20. Promoter: Heineken SA, Inanda Greens, 54 Wierda Road West, SANDTON, 2196, South Africa