terms and conditions
Welcome to our website dedicated to our brand Heineken® (the “Website”). You should be of legal drinking age in your country to visit the Website.
These Terms apply to all visits to and all use of this Website of Heineken Brouwerijen B.V., located at Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam, the Netherlands ("HEINEKEN"), as well as to all information, recommendations and/or services provided you on or through this Website (the "Information").
By using this Website you agree to the applicability of these Terms. We note that these Terms may be changed over time. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon the posting of the modified Terms. Users of the Website are advised to regularly read the Terms for possible changes.
Information and Liability
The Information is for general information purposes only and does not constitute advice. HEINEKEN shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use (or inability to make use) of this Website, including any incorrectness or incompleteness of the Information, unless such damage is the result of any wilful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of HEINEKEN.
HEINEKEN shall furthermore not be liable for damages that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
Intellectual property rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by HEINEKEN, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You can use the Website only for purposes in line with these Terms. You are permitted to make copies of (parts of) the Website for personal use. You must not use any part of the content on our Website for other purposes without obtaining a written licence from us.
You agree to indemnify us from and against any actions, claims and liabilities arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or any unlawful use of the Website.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms are governed by Dutch law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection to the use of the Website will be settled by the courts of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Please do not share our content with anyone under the legal drinking age.
Heineken Brouwerijen B.V., located at Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam, the Netherlands (“HEINEKEN”) is the controller of the processing of all personal data collected through this website dedicated to our brand Heineken® (the “Website”). HEINEKEN respects your privacy and complies with applicable privacy laws.
HEINEKEN only processes personal data that a user voluntarily provides to Heineken on the Website. This information may include such user’s first and last name, e-mail address, date of birth, address and country of residence. HEINEKEN’s purpose in gathering and transferring such personal data will be to provide a user with services available on the Website, for example to participate in a promotional campaign.
Transfer, storage and processing of data
The transfer, storage and processing of data collected through the Website is secured by means of current, usual technical measures. If your personal data has not been used for 12 months, HEINEKEN will delete your data.
HEINEKEN may transfer your personal data to its group companies. HEINEKEN may also provide your personal data to third parties if needed to provide the services available on the Website, which third parties will process your personal data according to instructions of HEINEKEN and under the responsibility of HEINEKEN. HEINEKEN will not provide your personal data to any other third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.
Access, correction and removal
The Website will make use of so-called "cookies". Cookies are small text files that the Website stores on your user device.
Cookies used on the Website
The Website only uses the following cookies and for the following purposes:
- Functional cookies: cookies used to enhance the user friendliness of the Website for visitors. For example, a cookie is placed to remember that you passed the age gate webpage when you are above legal drinking age. Without this cookie, you would have to re-submit this information on every webpage. The functional cookies of the Website that are stored by HEINEKEN on your computer only remain valid during your session on the Website.
- Analytics cookies: HEINEKEN uses Google Analytics cookies, with the purpose to analyse how visitors use the Website. HEINEKEN can then make improvements to the usability of the Website. Google only processes data obtained via the Website in an anonymous form. Please visit www.google.com/analytics for more information on Google Analytics.
Changing your settings
By changing the settings in your web browser, you can establish that you will be given notice if a cookie is stored on your computer. By changing settings, you can also establish that your browser does not accept cookies from this Website.
FAKE HEINEKEN COMPETITION DISCLAIMER
Please beware of fake callers and notifications which say that you have won a prize from Heineken.
We have recently become aware of incidents where people have received fake calls or notifications that they have won a prize from Heineken.
These fake callers ask for the individual’s personal information and consent to open a bank account in the individual’s name to deposit the prize money.
To ensure that you do not become a victim, you must note the following:
· Heineken does not give away cash prizes.
· If someone contacts you to say that you have won a Heineken competition and you know you have never entered such competition or any Heineken competition it is not one of Heineken’s representatives.
· To be cautious, ask the caller for their name, designation and office number and ask them to quote the competition in question. You can call our switchboard number (0800 026 027 RSA only) and verify the identity of the caller.
· Heineken will NEVER ask for your personal information and for your consent to open a bank account.
· If you have received a fake call or email notification, please send this number and forward the notification to our email address HeinekenSA.Competitions@heineken.com.
· All terms and conditions apply and are available on our Heineken.com website.
· For more clarity on competitions or should you have any questions on fake callers and notifications, please do not hesitate to contact us on HeinekenSA.Competitions@heineken.com. “
Airtime Tactical Promotion competition
Buy 2 x 650ml nrb and get R3.00 airtime (which will be available to all networks in South Africa). Dial *120*300# and enter your unique underliner code to redeem your airtime.
1. The promotion in respect of a getting R3.00 when you buy 2 x 650ml nrb will start on 27th January 2020 and end on 29th February 2020. The competition will close at 23h59 on 29th February 2020.
2. The promotion is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa excluding:
a. the director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant of HEINEKEN South Africa or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by, HEINEKEN South Africa or a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotion;
b. the relatives, family members, spouses, life partners or business partners of the employees and family members of the respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, consultants, directors, associates and trading partners of such organisations and persons; or
c. persons who are not legal residents of the Republic of South Africa.
3. All participants must be over the age of 18 years at the date of entry and will be required to exhibit valid identity documents as proof thereof.
4. Your participation in this promotion constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. To enter and get R3.00 airtime a participant must:
a. Buy 2 x 650ml nrb Heineken® beer bottle with a special competition underliner code for this competition; and
b. Dial *120*300# and enter the unique code found under the bottle cap. Every valid code entered allows the participant to redeem R3.00 airtime
6. The prize in respect of getting the R3.00 redeemable is subject to availability and validity and may be changed due to availability.
7. Airtime vouchers are limited to 5 wins per consumer during the promotion and cannot be redeemed once exhausted and/or the promotion period has ended. Since the airtime will be from different mobile network providers, airtime for some mobile networks may run out quicker than those for the other mobile networks. Once all the allocated airtime vouchers have been redeemed for a particular mobile network, no more airtime will be redeemable.
8. The decision on the winner (s) is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Every effort will be made to ensure that the prizes are as described above, but due to the nature of the prizes, they may be altered at any time, at HEINEKEN South Africa’s discretion.
9. Although we have taken care to make sure that the prizes are of good quality, we do not give any warranties about the prizes and you agree to accept the prizes “as is”. Subject to applicable law, you also indemnify us against any damages that anyone may suffer as a result of the prize/s or this promotion, including consequential and economic loss.
10. Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prizes are for the winners own account. HEINEKEN South Africa, and its affiliates if applicable, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance and/or use of a prize, whether foreseen or not.
11. The prizes are not transferrable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
12. To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on a prize by the State or any other competent government or regulatory body, the winner/s will be liable therefore, and HEINEKEN South Africa will not increase the value of the prize/s to compensate for such charges.
13. HEINEKEN South Africa reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend or amend this promotion at any time during the promotion for any reason or if it experiences difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
14. Neither HEINEKEN South Africa nor their respective advertising, media and PR agencies, nor their trading partners shall be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, damage or costs, howsoever arising, suffered by a participant of this promotion and/or receipt and/or use of the prize offered.
15. Under no circumstances shall HEINEKEN South Africa be liable to anyone who enters this promotion for any indirect or consequential loss howsoever arising which may be suffered in relation to this promotion, whether as a result of any negligent act or omission or any default on the part of HEINEKEN South Africa or otherwise.
16. By participating in this promotion, each participant hereby consents to the processing of his or her personal information and to the use of such personal information for the purpose of future communications from the promoter to the participant, provided that the participant shall be entitled at any time to opt out of such communications. All personal information will be processed in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation including the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013. The winner may be required to take part in publicity and participation in the prize draw is conditional upon the winner’s agreement to take part in such publicity and having the opportunity to decline such requirement. The winner will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for any such publicity or otherwise. All and any materials, including publicity materials, will be the sole property of HEINEKEN South Africa.
17. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern these Terms and Conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
18. A copy of these terms and conditions are available and can be downloaded from www.heineken.com. For all queries in respect of this promotion, please contact HEINEKEN South Africa on 0800 026 027.
19. HEINEKEN South Africa’s standard terms and conditions (available at no costs from www.heinekensouthafrica.co.za) apply.
20. Promoter: HEINEKEN South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“HEINEKEN South Africa”), Inanda Greens Business Park, Building 1, 54 Wierda Road West, Wierda Valley, Sandton.
CHECKERS HEINEKEN®0.0 PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The promoter is Heineken South Africa (Pty) Ltd (the “Promoter”).
2. This promotional competition is open to all South African residents who are 18 years or older, in possession of a valid identity document, passport or document of proof of South African residency. Any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members may not enter or participate in this promotional competition and will be automatically disqualified upon entry.
3. This promotional competition starts on 3 February 2020 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 15 March 2020. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
4. To enter, participants are required to:
4.1 Purchase any 6 pack of Heineken® 0.0 (330ml) NRB from any participating Checkers, Checkers Hyper or Checkers LiquorShop in South Africa; and
4.2 Dial the USSD string *120*885*COMPETITIONCODE#. See till slip for details.
4.3 Standard USSD rates apply, 20 cents per 20 seconds.
5. Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase.
6. Participants must enter in their correct contact details. If a participant drawn as a winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner in terms of the rules.
7. Participants may enter as many times as they wish provided that each entry is associated with a separate purchase and unique code.
8. The prize is 1 of 10 Garmin Forerunner 954 fitness watches valued at R7 999.00 together with a pair of Powerbeats Pro earphones valued at R1 499.00.
9. Any prize not taken up for any reason within two months of notification will be forfeited, and a new prize winner will be drawn.
10. All winners will be required to provide their names, ID numbers and contact details and to sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the prize.
11. Winners will be selected by means of a random draw by 31 March 2020 and will be notified telephonically where the winner will be required to verify their details. The Promoter (or its agent) will endeavor to contact the prize winner once every day for 5 (Five) consecutive working days after their name is drawn. If the prize winner cannot be contacted during this period, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
12. The prize includes delivery and winners will be required to provide the promoters with a valid day time delivery address to enable delivery, if applicable.
13. A copy of these rules can be found on the following websites: www.termsconditions.co.za or www.heinekensouthafrica.co.za throughout the period of the promotional competition or can be obtained from on telephone number +27 0800 026 027.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to name winners publicly. By entering this promotional competition, prize winners agree to the publication of their names by the Promoter.
15. Any personal data submitted by you will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation, the Consumer Protection Act and the Promoters’ respective privacy policies. The promoters may contact you for marketing purposes, on the basis that you will have the election to opt out at each interaction.
16. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
17. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
19. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
20. The prizes are not exchangeable for cash and are not transferable.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the winners for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the winners. However, a winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at Inanda Greens Business Park, Building 1, 54 Wierda Road West, Wierda Valley, Sandton. Att: Legal Department.
22. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in their opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
23. In the event that the prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
24. Neither the Promoter or its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
25. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
27. To the extent legally permissible and unless we acted with gross negligence or fraudulent intent we assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from, in connection with or as a result of an entrant's or prize winner’s participation in the competition; entrants and the prize winners indemnify us against any claims of any nature arising from, in connection with or as a result of their participation, in any way whatsoever, in the competition.